Monday, June 15, 2009

Life is good.

Since this blog is named after my book, I've decided to devote it to my writing life.

I've always been a writer. I've never stopped seeing scenes and characters in my head, but I have stopped writing for most of my adult life. I cranked out insurance claim forms for a chiropractor husband that is no longer the husband. I wrote Healing Grace late at night after getting my work done at his office. I would send a chapter a week to my best friend from high school who pushed me into writing my novel when I just knew I had no time for anything else in my life, so the book's dedicated to her. Terry Tucker McBeth. She believed in me when no one else did, including myself.

So, now I write all the time. I had become a fiber artist while married and then took on a clothing line while single in Steamboat. Hm...the name of the next novel perhaps -- Single in Steamboat. Rumor has it that you don't meet your mate in Steamboat. Just doesn't happen. You ski, bike, hike, get drunk, and do it all over again, but meeting a mate? Nah, doesn't happen. However, I know a few women who did. And I too met someone there -- a writer no less. I had never dated a writer before, much less slept with one. He read me poetry before making love. He wrote poetry about me, and I too wrote one about him. I've never done poetry except in college where it was mandatory.

Now, I write all the time. Did I say that already? It's been so long since it's true that I had to repeat it. I love saying it, and I love doing it. It makes me sing. I lap it up like my dog does water after our long walks in the mornings. While I'm taking him down these beautiful streets filled with flowerbeds and trees, I imagine people's lives behind the closed doors of their houses. I see them awakening, turning over to their partners and slipping out of bed. One man would be rushing off to check his Blackberry to see how many emails and voice mails he got from his illicit lover. Another perhaps leaning over his wife and kissing her on the forehead before getting up, while yet another tiptoes out of the room with his bags already packed in his car and intending to speed off to Mexico without turning back.

And then there are the women in the houses. What magnificently boring lives they could possibly have. Treacherous, tedious, or decadent. No matter what it is, it'd be hidden. The secrets that lie between lovers...

I remember what it's like to have a lover. It was just last November 10th to be exact. I wonder though, if the parts aren't used, does a woman get reborn into a virgin? Besides my marriage, this could be the longest drought I've ever had. The barren wasteland. The desert. The dry period. However, it's felt anything but dry. It's been moist with discovery and enchantment. New experiences have abounded, especially with James Arthur Ray from The Secret. Every event I've been to has expounded on sexual energy. They've been ripe with sexual tension as he pushed us to expand and grow. That heightened energy is the core of manifesting my dreams. Sexual energy is synonymous with manifestations. Kundalini. Creation. Becoming new. It's all from the beginning, the oneness, the joining of us all. It's the sexual energy that brings about rebirth, transformation, enlightenment because it's sexual energy that is at the core of creation. Without sexual energy and mergings of the souls, life here would be stagnant. It's in the mergings that we become more of who we really are because we are one with others, and how better to feel it physically than through sex?

As in all things here in the universe, it's a double-edged sword due to the law of polarity. We live in a world of duality, and therefore, it's important to be conscious of who we merge with. Our energy exchanges aren't always sacred. Pay close attention next time you're with someone intimately. How do you feel? How does your body feel? Do you get lost in ecstasy or is there a knot in your stomach? Are the feelings you feel related to being with your partner or more how you feel about yourself? Are you unwilling to let go with a magnificent partner? Do you feel deserving of such a miraculous adventure, or are you feeling the dissonance between you and your partner's energy?

The universe always provides you with mirrors. Everyone in your life and every situation that shows up is a mirror to help you see what's really going on within you. Everything is so perfect, so pay attention to what's being said to you, how you're resonating or not with others. Whatever doesn't feel good is a signal to you that something needs to be remedied. Everything that does feel good is a gauge to let the universe know what you want more of.

What feels good to me again is writing. What feels good to me again is the writer that showed up in my life again. What feels good to me is thinking of the amazing sexual memories we have together. Being with him felt good, and believe me, good is such an understatement.

This is my gauge. These are the signals I look for as I venture through my life. I consciously choose to feel good, so I walk towards those things that make me feel good.

When I write or think about making love with this man, I vibrate in joy, in passion, in ecstasy. Those emotions are high vibrations and they signal the universe to hurry up and bring me more of the same and more of the same and more of the same. So, as I write more ideas of what to write and how to write and characters to write about and lives to portray, scenarios to write about show up in multitudes. Trainloads of them pile into the house I call my mind and I can't type fast enough to get it all down. It's euphoria at its finest. It's bliss beyond compare, and the more I live in those feelings the more I make space for more and more and more.

It's the way life is meant to be lived. Peaceful. Tranquil. With ease and grace. Downstream. Ah...life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment